Thomas Allen is primarily a provider of services to individuals with developmental disabilities. However, services are also provided to individuals through the CADI and BI waiver and private pay.
Thomas Allen’s residential service sites include one ICF/MR facility and 32 Supported Living (SLS) homes for one to four individuals.
Contact us about Openings:
- Sandra Quinn, Administrator
- Mailing Address:
- 1550 Humboldt Avenue
- West St Paul, MN 55118
- 651-450-1802 Corporate Office
Current Residential Home Openings
Click on any of our homes below to learn more.
- Kathi Lamminen
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-789-5106
- Echo Park is located in a quiet residential neighborhood near County Road 11 in Burnsville. The open bedroom is on the main level (entry level) and shares a full bath with one other individual. The home is not handicapped accessible, but can support an individual who uses a walker as long as the person can climb a couple of steps into the home. The kitchen, dining area and main living room are all on the same level as the bedroom. There is a large deck located off the kitchen. There is a lower level that is accessible by stairs. This home supports women that range in independence levels from full care to semi-independent. The home can support individuals with mild target symptoms but the home would not be appropriate for anyone with dangerous or aggressive symptoms. There is a nurse that visits weekly for those who have this need. The women at Echo Park enjoy having gatherings at their home and also getting into the community. Everyone currently living in the home is over the age of 50. Echo Park has many dedicated, long-term staff. They are committed to supporting the women in the home and ensuring their best lives possible. There is an awake night staff available who can support an individual's needs in the middle of the night. The women would love to have a new housemate that fit into their comfortable, somewhat slower-paced lives but who still enjoys getting together with friends and going to craft classes, dances, etc. Support can be provided to those with various levels of communciation. Please call or email for more information about this lovely home. (Immediate opening for 1 female)
- Kathi Lamminen
- email@example.com or 651-789-5106
- Midland is a home that provides services to women who are deaf. The women are between the ages of 22 and 48 and they demonstrate a high level of independence. The home is located in Shoreview near both shopping centers and restaurants. The home is a walkout rambler and the available bedroom is on the lower level. The bedroom has a 3/4 bath located across the hall. The home boasts an expansive backyard that is perfect for BBQs, house parties, and lawn games in the summer months. Each of the women living in the home is responsible for the upkeep of her home. Each assists with menu planning, cooking, cleaning and laundry. American Sign Language is utilized by all staff persons and the people being served. The women enjoy attending Deaf events in the community including "Deaf Day" at the State Fair, Valley Fair and the Renaissance Festival. The women would like a housemate who is fun and friendly, can keep up with the daily schedule and takes care of herself and her home. Individuals with mild target symptoms can be accommodated; however, due to the safety of the others, aggressive or violent patterns of behavior would not be accepted. Please contact the Program Director for more information. (Immediate opening for 1 female)
- The South St. Paul Women's site is located near Southview Blvd. and 5th Street in So. St. Paul. The house is a split level with equally distributed space between the upstairs and downstairs. Both levels feature two bedrooms and a full or 3/4 bathroom. The home is relatively new for the area and has been lovingly maintained by the women who live in the home. The home is located within walking distance of bus stops, convenience stores, restaurants, exercise studios, the library, Neighbors Thrift Store and Food Shelf, and several nice parks and areas to walk. The current housemates are all female and would prefer a female to move in. The house is currently not licensed but is run similar to a licensed home. At present, there is no overnight staffing and the home is single staffed at other times. All current residents have alone time, some have alone time of up to 24 hours. A higher staffing ratio can be accommodated if an individual's rate can suppport that. The women are all involved in the upkeep and cleaning of their home. Each individual cooks dinner at least once weekly and all are involved in planning the weekly menu. Staff can and will assist up to the level of need of the individual. The women are very proud of their home and have "house rules" that all must follow such as "no shoes on the carpet." The women are active in their community and would enjoy a new housemate equally interested in community dinners, dances, art classes, Come as You Are gatherings, sports games, theater events, shopping, and spur of the moment picnics. This home supports individuals with a higher level of independence and abilities and currently does not support anyone with challenging behaviors. The home is not accessible. All women at So. St. Paul either work or attend a full-time day program; there is no daytime staffing in place. Thomas Allen supports person-centered thinking principles and the staff in this home strive to embody this philosophy in how they support the So. St. Paul women. (Opening for 1 woman)
- Angela McCallum
- Cedar Crest is a home in which services are currently provided to 3 men who range in age from 20 to 65. The home is located in Bloomington just west of the Mall of America. The majority of the living space is on the main level of the home. An additional recreation room is located on the lower level accessible to those who can utilize stairs. There is a very nice fenced-in backyard and a large deck. There is currently awake overnight staffing available and 2 staff on during daytime hours. Each individual in the home is responsible for the upkeep of the home and has assigned tasks according to their ability. The men would like a fun and happy housemate who enjoys going to do "fun stuff" and also respects his housemates' personal space. Those with mild target symptoms can be accommodated in this home, however, due to the safety of the other individuals, we cannot consider anyone with a violent or aggressive pattern of behavior. Please contact the Program Director for additional details. (Opening for 1 man)