Thomas Allen is primarily a provider of services to individuals with developmental disabilities. However, services are also provided to individuals through the CADI and BI waiver and private pay.
Thomas Allen’s residential service sites include one ICF/MR facility and 32 Supported Living (SLS) homes for one to four individuals.
Contact us about Openings:
- Sandra Quinn, Administrator
- Mailing Address:
- 1550 Humboldt Avenue
- West St Paul, MN 55118
- 651-450-1802 Corporate Office
Current Residential Home Openings
Click on any of our homes below to learn more.
- Waivered services are provided in a home licensed as a Community Residential Service setting. The home is accessible. Presently, there are 2 men and 1 woman living in the home between the ages of 54-65. Individuals living in the home generally will have a diagnosis of severe to profound Intellectual Disabilities. Staff are familiar with supporting the following additional diagnoses: aspiration, reflux, seizure disorder, arthritis, visual impairment, bipolar disorder/mood instability, depression, sebhorreic dermatitis, anemia, osteoporosis, hypertension, sapsticity and edema. All individuals utilize manual wheelchairs for mobility. Shadyview is located on a large lot in a quiet residential neighborhood. The home is a rambler with 4 bedrooms, a spacious restroom with a roll-in shower, living room, sun porch, laundry room and kitchen/dining area on the main level. There are various parks and shopping centers within a few miles of the home. An adaptive van with a wheelchair lift is available to all for transportation. The staffing/supervision pattern at this home offers a 2:4 ratio including both awake and sleepover staff during the overnight shift. 24-hour, on-call nursing support is available to those whose budgets will support this. (Opening for 1 individual)
- Angela McCallum
- Cedar Crest is a home in which services are currently provided to 3 men who range in age from 20 to 65. The home is located in Bloomington just west of the Mall of America. The majority of the living space is on the main level of the home. An additional recreation room is located on the lower level accessible to those who can utilize stairs. There is a very nice fenced-in backyard and a large deck. There is currently awake overnight staffing available and 2 staff on during daytime hours. Each individual in the home is responsible for the upkeep of the home and has assigned tasks according to their ability. The men would like a fun and happy housemate who enjoys going to do "fun stuff" and also respects his housemates' personal space. Those with mild target symptoms can be accommodated in this home, however, due to the safety of the other individuals, we cannot consider anyone with a violent or aggressive pattern of behavior. Please contact the Program Director for additional details. (Opening for 1 man)
- Kathi Lamminen
- This is a licensed home for 4 women located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Burnsville. Echo Park is currently serving three women in their 50’s and 60’s. This opening would be best suited for a woman in mid to lower independence level range with no aggressive target symptoms. The available bedroom is on the main floor of the home and could support someone with some mobility issues, but the home is not modified to be suitable for wheelchair use. The home is two levels with a nice gated deck off of the main level and a small patio off of the lower level. The upper level has two bathrooms, a full bath off of the hallway and a ¾ bath attached to one of the bedrooms. The lower level also has a ¾ bath. There are family rooms on both levels of the home. Across from the home is a small park, with several other parks in the area. The home is located a short drive from many shopping and eating establishments. The staffing ratio is typically 2:4 during peak times (meals, meds, transitions). There is awake night staffing. This home has staff members experienced in serving gluten free, and low carb meals, as well as pureed or mechanically soft diets. All individuals attend a Day Program or work during the day. (Opening for 1 woman)